innovalley.com.au is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
Respecting your privacy
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
· The kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
· How we collect and hold it;
· The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
· Your right to access and seek correction of it;
· How you may complain about privacy matters; and
· Our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to below.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
· Your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
· Your customer reference number;
· What, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
· Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
· You register with us, for example to create an account, or to send you information;
· You communicate with us online;
When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. For information about our use of this technology, click on this link to view our Cookie Statement
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
· To learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
· To assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
· We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Correction: If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
· Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and when our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
· Where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues.
Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. There are additional privacy terms in our loyalty program and club membership contracts and for use of our online sites, for example.
We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
Copyright © 2019 Innovalley Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved.